Thursday, September 24, 2009

Another Phase

I have really been getting back into music lately. When I was a senior in high school/freshman in college I was all about the indie scene and knowing all of the "hot" bands.

Then the rest of college sort of happened, and I lost touch with things a little bit.

But thanks to the numerous music blogs I follow, The Hype Machine, and StumbleUpon, I have been sampling lots of new stuff all across all genres. All I know is that I think I'm tiring Bruce out with my selections of experimental folk and shoegaze pop. Sorry, Bruce.

My favorite discovery has so far, hands down, has been Dead Man's Bones. They are a band out of LA headed by Ryan Gosling.

Yes, that Ryan Gosling.

And the music is incredible. They combine a mix of southern blues and folk with tribal beat and chant elements that comes together and creates hauntingly beautiful music.

They are coming to Chicago 10/21. To Schubas. The one right across from my future apartment. Unfortunately, it is sold out. And I can't really go anyways. I wish I could.

Until they finally release their CD, I'm left to listen to their single "My Body's A Zombie For You" on youtube. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment